The Inquirer reports that David Norse, 27, has been ordained by Broad Street Ministry as the city’s first openly gay minister. ”While David’s sexual orientation is an important part of his identity, he sees himself first and foremost as someone called to pastor God’s people,” said the Rev. Bill Golderer, the church’s senior pastor. “He is very much into this being a dimension of who he is, but not the sum total.” The congregation is part of Presbyterian Church USA, which in 2011 voted to allow ordination of openly gay and lesbian members.
- G Philly: PA Senator Pat Toomey “Hasn’t Given Any Thought” to Whether Hotels Should Be Able to Kick Out Gay People
- G Philly: Memorial Service For Philly Trans Activist Jaci Adams
- G Philly: Brian Sims, Giovanni’s Room Named DVLF HEROES.
- G Philly: 14 Best New Gay Flicks On Netflix Instant Streaming
- G Philly: Kathleen Kane, NHL to Be Honored at Equality Forum 2014
- G Philly: PHOTOS: G Philly‘s LGBT Flower Show Party