The Inquirer reports that David Norse, 27, has been ordained by Broad Street Ministry as the city’s first openly gay minister. “While David’s sexual orientation is an important part of his identity, he sees himself first and foremost as someone called to pastor God’s people,” said the Rev. Bill Golderer, the church’s senior pastor. “He is very much into this being a dimension of who he is, but not the sum total.” The congregation is part of Presbyterian Church USA, which in 2011 voted to allow ordination of openly gay and lesbian members.
- G Philly: Gubernatorial Candidate Tom Wolf Weighs in on Center City Gay-Bashing
- News: The Outrage Meter: Gay Bashing, Papelbon, Wawa
- G Philly: Brian Sims Organizes Public Rally in Support of Gay-Bashing Victims
- G Philly: (UPDATE) High School Parts Ways With Assistant Coach Connected to Beating
- G Philly: Brian Sims: I Will Bring the Victims to Harrisburg to Change the Law
- G Philly: Gay Bashing Witness: No Self-Defense
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.