The Chronicle of Higher Education has released its annual These University Presidents Are Very Rich list, and both Drexel’s John Fry and Penn’s Amy Guttman are among the 40 highest-paid in the country. (Gutmann is 6th in the country.) Here are the best-compensated presidents in Pennsylvania–private universities only.
- Amy Gutmann, Penn: $2,091,764
- Esther Barrazzone, Chatham University: $1,812,132
- Alice Gast, Lehigh University:$1,162,598
- John Fry, Drexel: $1,021,739
- Jared Cohon, Carnegie Mellon: $946,095
Remember, this is total compensation–not base salary. Here are some more PA salaries: Swarthmore’s president gets $701,755, Bryn Mawr’s gets $543,529, and Haverford’s gets $300,029.