Inky politics writer Thomas Fitzgerald reports that IBEW Local 98, led by John J. Dougherty, will present Rep. Allyson Schwartz a $100,000 check for her gubernatorial bid at tonight’s fundraiser for her. “The union, led by its influential manager business manager John J. Dougherty, announced its endorsement decision ahead of a fundraiser it is hosting for Schwartz at the union hall in the Spring Garden section of Philadelphia Wednesday night.” That’s a big Democratic establishment endorsement; will other dominoes fall quickly, or will the nomination battle go long and help Tom Corbett?
- News: Want to Be Governor, Allyson Schwartz?
- News: In Abandoned Sting Operation, Liquor Privatization Was Bait
- News: Philly.com’s Frightening Finance Guru
- News: Al Franken Calls on Netflix to Oppose Comcast Merger
- News: Report: Abandoned Sting Started With Diverse Targets
- G Philly: State LGBT Groups Get Behind Philly’s Mike Stack