Inky politics writer Thomas Fitzgerald reports that IBEW Local 98, led by John J. Dougherty, will present Rep. Allyson Schwartz a $100,000 check for her gubernatorial bid at tonight’s fundraiser for her. “The union, led by its influential manager business manager John J. Dougherty, announced its endorsement decision ahead of a fundraiser it is hosting for Schwartz at the union hall in the Spring Garden section of Philadelphia Wednesday night.” That’s a big Democratic establishment endorsement; will other dominoes fall quickly, or will the nomination battle go long and help Tom Corbett?
- News: Corbett Expands Medicaid to 300,000
- News: 5 Reasons Fall Could be Great for Politics in Philly
- News: Poll: Wolf’s Lead Over Corbett Widens
- News: Pa. Bill Would Decriminalize Transporting Booze
- News: Montco Man Starts Write-In Campaign for Governor
- News: City Hall Ends Effort to Collect Lap Dance Tax
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.