Zoom out a bit...
Where does this leave us? With this list of the most dangerous bike intersections in the city.
- Broad & Spruce - 10 crashes
- Broad & Pine - 9 crashes
- Broad & Spring Garden - 9 crashes
- 34th & Spruce - 8 crashes
- Broad & Washington - 7 crashes
- Broad & Vine - 7 crashes
- Schuylkill Ave & Chestnut - 6 crashes
- 38th & Spruce - 6 crashes
- 38th & Market - 6 crashes
- 16th & Arch/BFP area - 5 crashes
- 30th & Chestnut - 5 crashes
- Broad & Walnut - 5 crashes
- 5th & Market - 5 crashes
- 22nd & Market - 5 crashes
As the BCP notes, the list doesn't take into account bike traffic volume, meaning Broad and Spruce likely has a lower rate of crashes than other intersections. And even so, because the vast majority of crashes are probably not reported, it's hard to draw vastly broader conclusions using the limited sample above. Still, a good reminder that biking on Spring Garden is a royal pain in the ass.