If the Sixers horrendous slogan is “Together We Build,” the Phillies should debut “Forever We Will Tread Water, Dammit.” Last week, they hired 36-year-old Marlon Byrd. Today, catcher Carlos Ruiz, who in January will turn 35. Oh and Ruiz was suspended last year for Adderall use and two seasons ago Byrd was suspended for another banned substance. Forget giving a combined $42 million to two old guys. You’re just asking for bad karma and another money-sucking suspension. (I mean have you seen a picture of Byrd lately?) [Inquirer]
- News: The 16 Best Phillies GIFs of 2014
- News: Ex-Phillie Mitch Williams Suing Deadspin, MLB Network
- News: Phillies Will Finish Last For First Time Since 2000
- News: Five Great Philly Artifacts in the Baseball Hall of Fame
- News: Phillies Stadium Best for Getting Homers
- News: Tina Fey Comments on Jonathan Papelbon’s Crotch Grabbing
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.