If the Sixers horrendous slogan is “Together We Build,” the Phillies should debut “Forever We Will Tread Water, Dammit.” Last week, they hired 36-year-old Marlon Byrd. Today, catcher Carlos Ruiz, who in January will turn 35. Oh and Ruiz was suspended last year for Adderall use and two seasons ago Byrd was suspended for another banned substance. Forget giving a combined $42 million to two old guys. You’re just asking for bad karma and another money-sucking suspension. (I mean have you seen a picture of Byrd lately?) [Inquirer]
- News: Jimmy Rollins Officially Traded to the Dodgers
- News: Jimmy Rollins Trade May Need to Be Reworked
- Ticket: WATCH: Chase Utley Surprises Fan With Cancer
- News: 11 Best Jimmy Rollins GIFs
- News: Rollins Trade Called “A Matter of Time”
- News: Ex-Phillie Jayson Werth Sentenced to Jail for Driving Too Fast
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.