If the Sixers horrendous slogan is “Together We Build,” the Phillies should debut “Forever We Will Tread Water, Dammit.” Last week, they hired 36-year-old Marlon Byrd. Today, catcher Carlos Ruiz, who in January will turn 35. Oh and Ruiz was suspended last year for Adderall use and two seasons ago Byrd was suspended for another banned substance. Forget giving a combined $42 million to two old guys. You’re just asking for bad karma and another money-sucking suspension. (I mean have you seen a picture of Byrd lately?) [Inquirer]
- News: Tina Fey Comments on Jonathan Papelbon’s Crotch Grabbing
- News: Phillies Extend Radio Contract
- News: Jonathan Papelbon Suspended for Grabbing Crotch
- News: Jonathan Papelbon Ejected After Grabbing Crotch
- News: Phillies Give Up Embarrassing Inside-the-Parker
- News: Amaro: Fans Only Care About Wins and Losses
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.