Herbie and Cathy Schaible, who have now had two of their own children die on their watches, have pled no contest (guilty) to a charge of third-degree murder in the death of their 8-month-old Brandon. When their first child died, in 2009, they received 10 years probation. Last April, Brandon became very ill and needed medical attention, but they refused to give it to him, praying instead. They’ll be sentenced in February; the no contest plea will give them time to explain their beliefs to the judge. For the full story on the Schaibles and the First Century Gospel Church in Rhawnhurst, see Bob Huber’s feature from Philly Mag’s November issue. [NBC]
- News: Mom, Who Accused Police of Assault, Arrested for Shoplifting
- News: Should This Guy Still Be in Prison?
- News: Swiss Cheese Pervert Faces New Charges
- News: Pantsless Man Approaching Customers at Bensalem Acme
- News: DOJ Accuses PA Prisons of Misusing Solitary Confinement
- News: Officer’s Robbery Plea Could Be Tip of The Iceberg