The Daily Pennsylvanian reports: “Former Penn basketball player Tyrone Gilliams was sentenced Thursday in New York by a federal judge to 10 years in prison for wire fraud schemes where he stole $5 million. On Thursday in New York, a federal judge sentenced the Ivy Leaguer after being arrested on Oct. 5, 2011. In addition to the 10-year jail sentence, Gilliams was also ordered to pay $5 million back to his accusers and forfeit five million more.” Gilliams was at Penn from 1988-1990.
- News: Someone Stole Froggy Carr’s Costumes
- News: Stolen Viola Smashed to Pieces in West Philly
- News: Sex Video with Minors Being Passed Around at Middle School
- News: Coroner: Bradley Stone Didn’t Die of Self-Inflicted Stab Wound
- : DA: Delco Officer Angry About Protection Order Kills Woman
- News: Someone Had $14,500 of Jewelry Stolen From A Car
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.