The Daily Pennsylvanian reports: “Former Penn basketball player Tyrone Gilliams was sentenced Thursday in New York by a federal judge to 10 years in prison for wire fraud schemes where he stole $5 million. On Thursday in New York, a federal judge sentenced the Ivy Leaguer after being arrested on Oct. 5, 2011. In addition to the 10-year jail sentence, Gilliams was also ordered to pay $5 million back to his accusers and forfeit five million more.” Gilliams was at Penn from 1988-1990.
- News: Former IRS Employee Charged With Cheating On Taxes
- News: Boys Choir Founder Faces 1,100 Sex Abuse Charges
- G Philly: Philly Grindr Hookup Turns Violent for Visiting Canadian Man
- News: PHOTOS: Penn Students Protest Spring Fling Crackdown
- News: Penn: Undercover Cops Will Bust Parties This Weekend
- News: Video: Wild Shootout at Philly Hotel