The Daily Pennsylvanian reports: “Former Penn basketball player Tyrone Gilliams was sentenced Thursday in New York by a federal judge to 10 years in prison for wire fraud schemes where he stole $5 million. On Thursday in New York, a federal judge sentenced the Ivy Leaguer after being arrested on Oct. 5, 2011. In addition to the 10-year jail sentence, Gilliams was also ordered to pay $5 million back to his accusers and forfeit five million more.” Gilliams was at Penn from 1988-1990.
- News: It Happened: A Good Guy With a Gun Stopped a Bad Guy With a Gun
- News: Hospital Shooting in Delco
- News: Radnor McDonald’s Employee Busted for Crack Sales
- News: Homeless Man Arrested for Attempted Rape in Center City
- News: Philly Nazi Suspect Is Dead
- News: Alleged NE Philly Nazi Guard Granted Bail
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.