The Daily Pennsylvanian reports: “Former Penn basketball player Tyrone Gilliams was sentenced Thursday in New York by a federal judge to 10 years in prison for wire fraud schemes where he stole $5 million. On Thursday in New York, a federal judge sentenced the Ivy Leaguer after being arrested on Oct. 5, 2011. In addition to the 10-year jail sentence, Gilliams was also ordered to pay $5 million back to his accusers and forfeit five million more.” Gilliams was at Penn from 1988-1990.
- Property: Locust Walk Wind Tunnel Claims Lives of 5 Umbrellas
- News: VIDEO: Man and Woman Steal Christmas Decorations In South Philadelphia
- News: That Wind Tunnel on Locust Walk? Here’s Why It Happens.
- News: Arrest in Broad Street Puncher Case
- News: Vince Fumo Considering Run For Office
- News: Suspect Charged in Beau Zabel Case