The Daily Pennsylvanian reports: “Former Penn basketball player Tyrone Gilliams was sentenced Thursday in New York by a federal judge to 10 years in prison for wire fraud schemes where he stole $5 million. On Thursday in New York, a federal judge sentenced the Ivy Leaguer after being arrested on Oct. 5, 2011. In addition to the 10-year jail sentence, Gilliams was also ordered to pay $5 million back to his accusers and forfeit five million more.” Gilliams was at Penn from 1988-1990.
- News: CHOP, Penn Get Donation for New Research Center
- News: Penn Getting Close to ‘Functional Cure’ for HIV?
- Ticket: 16th-Century Illustrations Show Cats With Rockets on Their Backs
- News: Should This Guy Still Be in Prison?
- News: Swiss Cheese Pervert Faces New Charges
- News: Penn Tuition and Fees Pass $60,000. A Year.