What do M. Night Shyamalan, Chris Matthews, Kathleen Kane, Marc Vetri and a bunch of drag queens have in a common?
Short answer: You can see all of them at this year’s ThinkFest. Philly Mag has announced the lineup of presenters, panelists and entertainment for the event — a weeklong celebration of creativity, innovation and the future of Philadelphia, featuring some of the city’s brightest minds and biggest names. It takes place November 4th through November 9th at various locations around Philly.
Among the highlights:
* Filmmaker M. Night Shyamalan, talking about education reform and his new book, I Got Schooled. Shyamalan will be interviewed by Al Jazeera's Ali Velshi.
* MSNBC's Chris Matthews on what's wrong with our politics--and what we can do to make it right
* Venture capitalist Josh Kopelman on the promise of Philly's tech scene
* Fast-rising Pennsylvania attorney general Kathleen Kane on gay marriage and other issues facing the state
* Restaurateur Marc Vetri on harnessing the power of creativity
* Lithe Method fitness guru Lauren Boggi on branding in the digital age
* Philadelphia City Council member Bill Green and Montgomery County commissioner Josh Shapiro on reinventing government
Attendees can also see performances by Pig Iron Theatre, Bearded Ladies cabaret, and more of Philly's most innovative performers. You can see the full schedule and buy tickets at the ThinkFest web site.