It got close-ish at the end there, but was there ever any doubt? Booker won 55%-44% in an election featuring one of the lowest-ever statewide turnouts in New Jersey, with under 25% of the voting population participating. (Hmm, wonder why?) Here’s Senator-elect Booker’s characteristically enthusiastic, hoarse-throated, victory speech. For what it’s worth, Booker began by praising his predecessor Frank Lautenberg, who wasn’t exactly fond of him.
- News: Chaka Fattah Getting His Own TV Show
- News: Chris Christie Is GQ’s “Boss of the Year”
- Property: Gray Gables Is Ready for Its Closeup
- News: PHOTO: Newest Kennedy Born at the Jersey Shore
- G Philly: Waitress Refused Tip Because of Her Lesbian “Lifestyle”
- News: Cory Booker’s Got at a Girrrrrrlfriend