Amtrak is now seeking input on how to redevelop the area around 30th Street Station. More than 7 million passengers roll through the station every year, but it’s isolated from the community by the Schuylkill River, the highway, parking lots and several busy streets. A new master plan “will ‘identify commercial development opportunities’ around the station and develop ‘improved connectivity between the station and the neighboring community,’ including better auto, pedestrian, bicycle, and transit access, Amtrak said.” [Philadelphia Inquirer]
- Be Well Philly: Free Fitness Classes at 30th Street Station This Spring
- News: Chart of the Day: Philadelphians and Cars
- News: It’s Going to Cost More to Drive in PA
- News: Bike Lanes Are Coming to … Washington Avenue?
- News: Breaking: SEPTA Strike Preparations Underway
- News: More Taxis? How About Better Taxis?