Newsworks reminds us that midnight tonight is the deadline to appeal your new property tax assessments. “Fueled by Philadelphia’s city-wide property re-assessment, as of mid-day Friday 6,000 property owners had already filed second-level appeals to the Board of Revision of Taxes. BRT Executive Director Carla Pagan says this deadline could not be pushed back, even though first-level appeals are still being processed.” Hearings on these second-level appeals begin in January.
- News: City Hall Ends Effort to Collect Lap Dance Tax
- Foobooz: Garces to Operate Rosa Blanca Cafe at New Dilworth Park
- News: Dilworth to Reopen Sept. 4 With Celebrations, Garces
- News: Court: Philly Police Can Make Political Contributions
- News: New Police Contract Creates $70 Million Budget Hole
- News: Biz Leaders Look to Philly’s Post-Nutter Future
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.