Penn Live brings us the best news to emerge, so far, from the government shutdown. “A Maryland-based Ku Klux Klan group has a permit to stage a rally at Gettysburg National Military Park on Saturday. If the government shuts down at midnight tonight, [it did]the battlefield will close too. If the shutdown lasts through Saturday, the Klan members will have to take their white sheets elsewhere, according to park spokeswoman Katie Lawhon.” Suddenly, the the fact that many foods are going uninnspected seems somehow OK now.
- News: Biz Leaders Look to Philly’s Post-Nutter Future
- News: How Philly Families Will Pay for Harrisburg’s Sins
- News: Is Chris Christie Still a Viable Presidential Candidate?
- News: Ori vs. Kenyatta: Gloves Off
- News: Neighbors Love Pop-Up Beer Gardens
- News: Pa. Republican Introduces Federal Bill to Legalize Medical Marijuana
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.