Couple non-Philly related baseball items, if you’ll indulge me. One, the Commish is officially resigning after next season. Bud is gone! Long live Bud! Two, A-Rod is playing his final game tonight until at least 2015. And possibly..forever. (Against the Rays, in the Bronx.) In order to powwow with his legal defense team, which is probably younger and fitter than the 2013 Yankees, he’s requested the final series of the season off. Since his suspension–barring any last minute reprieve–kicks in next year, this could be the last time we see Roidriguez for a long time. *Then again, that’s what I told you last month, and it turned out to be patently false. [NY Daily News]
- News: Amaro Debunks Hamels, Lee Trade Rumors
- News: Jonathan Papelbon’s “Awkward Family Photo” Might Make You Like Him Again
- News: Lions Fan Says He Was Beaten After Eagles Game
- News: Kobe Bryant and 6 Others Who Should Retire Like Doc
- News: Is it Wrong to Pay Alcoholics With Beer?
- News: NBC 10 Sends Weekend’s Most Inappropriate Weather-Related Tweet