A week ago, we noted with great disappointment and regret that (possible mayoral candidate?!?!?!) Ed Rendell would not be supporting any Democratic gubernatorial candidates in the run-up to the 2014 election. A week later, it seems the definition of “supporting” is pretty nebulous. Thursday night, Rendell and his firm–Ballard Spahr–hosted a fundraiser for Ed Pawlowski, the Allentown mayor running for governor. Rendell says the event was scheduled before Pawlowski announced his run–E-Paw’s PAC was originally set up to fund his bid for mayoral re-election, taking place this year. The whole thing makes him “uncomfortable,” Rendell added. Couple this with Rendell’s earlier Emily’s List fundraiser for Allyson Schwartz and I’m beginning to think Ed’s simultaneously playing hard to get and playing the field. Pawlowski, meanwhile, has now had his feelings hurt. [Morning-Call]
- News: UPDATE: Cigarette Tax Vote Canceled
- News: Pa. Republicans Now Afraid Immigrant Kids Are Gang Members
- News: Proclamation Naming Official State Gun Riddled With Errors
- News: Pa. Bill Would Strip Welfare Benefits from Drug Dealers
- News: Good News or Bad News? Tom Corbett and Urban Outfitters
- News: Jersey Bearing Brunt of Immigrant Child Influx
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.