A week ago, we noted with great disappointment and regret that (possible mayoral candidate?!?!?!) Ed Rendell would not be supporting any Democratic gubernatorial candidates in the run-up to the 2014 election. A week later, it seems the definition of “supporting” is pretty nebulous. Thursday night, Rendell and his firm–Ballard Spahr–hosted a fundraiser for Ed Pawlowski, the Allentown mayor running for governor. Rendell says the event was scheduled before Pawlowski announced his run–E-Paw’s PAC was originally set up to fund his bid for mayoral re-election, taking place this year. The whole thing makes him “uncomfortable,” Rendell added. Couple this with Rendell’s earlier Emily’s List fundraiser for Allyson Schwartz and I’m beginning to think Ed’s simultaneously playing hard to get and playing the field. Pawlowski, meanwhile, has now had his feelings hurt. [Morning-Call]
- News: Want to Be Governor, Allyson Schwartz?
- News: In Abandoned Sting Operation, Liquor Privatization Was Bait
- News: Wawa: 50 Thoughts for 50 Years
- News: Tom Corbett Wants No Blame for Kathleen Kane’s Abandoned Sting
- News: Corbett Primary Challenger to Stay on Ballot
- News: Nutter, Corbett, Chaput to Meet With Business Leaders