Solo cups: not just an emblem of everything that’s wrong with 21st century collegiate life. Also: a leading cause of meningitis, apparently. As we’ve noted before, Princeton has a bizarre meningitis problem. And Princeton thinks it has to do with sharing drinks. So the school has devised a solution in which it’ll make available 5,000 red Solo-looking cups that all say: “MINE. NOT YOURS.” (Photo here.) Hate to break it to you, O Tiger Faithful, but if every single one of those cups says exactly the same thing, that’s about as useful as having students all drink from identical red cups. Which they’re doing in the first place. What you need is to dip into the old war chest and print out 5,000 individually labeled cups. You know, collective action to further the cause of freedom and safety in the world. Something to make Woodrow Wilson proud. [Times of Trenton]
- Ticket: Toni Morrison Papers Join Princeton University Collection
- News: NBC Doc May Face Trouble After Princeton Ebola Scare
- News: Princeton Sign Campaign Targets NBC Doc
- News: Cops: Woman Stole $10,000 From Bank With Fake ID
- News: Chris Christie Argues With Retired Cop on Radio Show
- Property: House of the Week: Tabula Rasa Mansion
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.