Cancel your plans to attend Vince Fumo’s big welcome back bash–you were invited, right?–the just-out-of-jail powerbroker has decided to cancel the Sunday gathering at his 33-room Spring Garden manse. The Inquirer reports that federal prison officials encouraged Fumo to nix the event, as it might seem like he was celebrating his release or something. Which he was totally doing. Which actually seems…like not such a big deal. That said, there are restrictions on what exactly Fumo can do at home, so maybe he had legal reasons for ruining our weekend plans too. [Inquirer]
- News: Wolf Reiterates Fracking Support
- News: Four Highlights From Pennsylvania Society Weekend
- News: State Rep. Spent $600 in Pa. Money to Promote His Acting Gig
- News: Pot Advocate to Guide Policy in Wolf Administration
- News: Wolf to Pay for State Security Team Needs
- News: Seamus McCaffery Collects $11,000 Monthly Pension
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.