Legendary LGBT bookstore Giovanni’s Room, which owner Ed Hermance has run for 37 years, is up for sale (both the building and the store). He (and the community, surely) is looking to keep the bookstore alive, but will sell it outright if there isn’t enough cash to make it happen. And in case he doesn’t, you better head to 12th and Pine and get your fix. Much more at G Philly.
- G Philly: What the Gays Did on Instagram This Week
- G Philly: Oh, the Shade of It All
- G Philly: Proposed Philly Lesbian Bar Falls Short of Indiegogo Goal
- G Philly: LGBT Americans Struggling to Afford Health Care
- G Philly: 5 Gay Things to Do This Week
- News: 3 Men Wanted for Bungled Center City Robbery
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.