You may have heard that Montgomery County has been thumbing its nose at the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, issuing same-sex marriage licenses in defiance of state law. (Invaluable explainer here.) You may also have heard that Tom Corbett and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania wasn’t too happy with that, and sued the county, demanding that they stop issuing said licenses. All this drama will come to a head on September 4th in Harrisburg, where Commonwealth Court will hear arguments. Stay tuned for the inevitable decision-followed by appeal-followed by state Supreme Court decision. [AP]
- Articles: The Millennial Revolution: Gay Equality Is a Value
- News: Vince Fumo Considering Run For Office
- News: Finally, Pennsylvania’s Potato Cartel Will Get the Comeuppance It So Richly Deserves
- News: Is Tom Corbett Too Vulnerable?
- G Philly: New Gay Marriage Argument Filed with PA Supreme Court
- News: 7 Reasons Corbett’s Gas Tax is a GOP Disaster