Forget the narrative of Philly as a blue-collar city, appreciative of little more than effort, cheap booze and chip-on-our-shoulder emotional displays. Turns out, at least according to Travel + Leisure, that we’re just a bunch of snobs—thanks, in large part, to our city’s … sports fans? Apparently, the cheese whiz, foam fingers, and face paint all add up to one thing: pure, unadulterated “haughtiness” (their word). Evidently all that sports ire translates nationally to a kind of sophistication not known to many other US cities, with T+L listing us 14th on their “America’s Snobbiest Cities” list—a tie with Kansas City. Pinkies up when you sip that Yeungling, we’re fancy now. [Philly.com]
- News: Ben Revere Takes Amazing Phillies Ellen-Style Selfie
- News: Will The Sixers Go 0-36 to End the Season?
- News: Former Phillies Prospect Says He’s Addicted to Weed
- News: Top 5 City Lists We’re Happy Philly Didn’t Make
- News: Phillies’ Silence on NCAA Narcing Is Embarrassing
- News: HuffPo Has 31 Reasons Philly “Is The Most Underrated City in America”