District Attorney Seth Williams announced today that a grand jury is being convened to investigate the Market Street building collapse that killed six and injured 13 last Wednesday. He said excavator operator Sean Benschop was charged with involuntary manslaughter because toxicology reports found the presence of drugs in his system, and that the purpose of the grand jury was to find out–without “rushing to judgment”–whether any others should be held criminally responsible. Federal officials will not be involved, he added.
- News: Cooper Health CEO, Wife Found Dead After Fire
- News: WATCH: Implosion of Germantown High-Rise
- News: Ursinus College President Is Dead
- News: Juniata College’s Ancient Book is (Sadly) Not Made of Human Skin
- News: Bucks County School Mourns Students Killed in Crash
- News: Woman Killed After Hit by Three Vehicles
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.