District Attorney Seth Williams announced today that a grand jury is being convened to investigate the Market Street building collapse that killed six and injured 13 last Wednesday. He said excavator operator Sean Benschop was charged with involuntary manslaughter because toxicology reports found the presence of drugs in his system, and that the purpose of the grand jury was to find out–without “rushing to judgment”–whether any others should be held criminally responsible. Federal officials will not be involved, he added.
- News: Some People Think We Have No Obligations to the Homeless
- News: Can Everybody Shut Up About The Obama Funeral Selfie?
- News: Where Is America’s Nelson Mandela?
- News: Remembering Nelson Mandela in Philadelphia
- News: Arrest in Broad Street Puncher Case
- News: WATCH: Officer Rescues Man From Burning Truck