District Attorney Seth Williams announced today that a grand jury is being convened to investigate the Market Street building collapse that killed six and injured 13 last Wednesday. He said excavator operator Sean Benschop was charged with involuntary manslaughter because toxicology reports found the presence of drugs in his system, and that the purpose of the grand jury was to find out–without “rushing to judgment”–whether any others should be held criminally responsible. Federal officials will not be involved, he added.
- News: D.A. Wants Parents’ Names to Crack Down on Truancy
- News: Student Found Dead at Chestnut Hill College
- News: Week in Review: Guns, Kittens, and Baseball
- News: Commencement Speaker Madness!
- News: Six Winners and Losers in the Abandoned Sting Case
- News: Kane Just Turned Abandoned Sting Into Double-Dog Dare