Score one for the Ivy League! Penn Senior Brandon Copeland may have been bypassed in the NFL draft, but the Baltimore Ravens signed him as a free agent anyways. Copeland, who played defensive end and outside linebacker for the Quakers, is a Maryland native whose grandfather Roy Hilton won a ring with the Baltimore (Colts) in 1971. Other Penn students on the NFL radar: offensive lineman Joe Bonadies and punter Scott Lupano, who were invited to try out at the VIkings and Buccaneers’ rookie mini-camps, respectively.
- News: Phillies, Eagles in Top-50 Most Valuable Sports Franchises
- News: HUP Named Top Hospital in Philly Area
- News: Swarthmore Apps Drop Due to Extra 500-Word Essay
- News: Penn Gets DoD Grant to Heal Brain Injuries
- News: Ex-Penn Recreation Director Charged with Theft
- Property: MSC Brokers Major “Lifestyle Store” Deal
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.