Score one for the Ivy League! Penn Senior Brandon Copeland may have been bypassed in the NFL draft, but the Baltimore Ravens signed him as a free agent anyways. Copeland, who played defensive end and outside linebacker for the Quakers, is a Maryland native whose grandfather Roy Hilton won a ring with the Baltimore (Colts) in 1971. Other Penn students on the NFL radar: offensive lineman Joe Bonadies and punter Scott Lupano, who were invited to try out at the VIkings and Buccaneers’ rookie mini-camps, respectively.
- Birds 24/7: Eagle Outlook: Games To Watch
- News: 2014 Eagles Team Photo Placed in Philadelphia Art Museum
- News: Missanelli: The Real Story Behind the Victor Cruz Tweet
- News: Ex-Eagle Irving Fryar, Mother Reject Plea Deals
- News: LISTEN: WIP’s Josh Innes Goes After Mike Missanelli
- Ticket: 9 Things to Do in Philly This Week
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.