After a six-month search, Princeton University has selected its new president, alumnus and current university Provost Charles Eisgruber. Current president Shirley Tilghman will resign at the end of this academic year. 51-year-old Eisgruber graduated with a degree in physics in 1983, attended Oxford on a Rhodes Scholarship, studied law at the University of Chicago, and clerked for Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens. The search came down to Eisgruber and 1977 Class President Susan Patton, whose groundbreaking Daily Princetonian op-ed triggered the fourth wave of American feminism. [Inquirer]
- News: Report: Icahn Will Save the Taj
- News: 20 Guys Streak Through Princeton Class
- News: Jersey Hunters Snag 124 Bears
- News: Panel: Christie Not Involved in Bridgegate Closures
- News: WATCH: Jon Stewart Make Fun of Chris Christie’s Pig-Bill Veto
- News: Top Republican: Christie’s Shore Protection Is “Stupid”
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.