Crowdsourcing news can lead to seriously flawed dissemination of information, especially during a tragic, emotionally charged event like the one we had last week. On the other hand, crowdfunding seems to work rather well in such situations (Too well?) A relief fund (?) for the Watertown boat in which Dzhokhar Tsarnaev was found Friday night has already raised over $5,000 to repair or replace the boat. (They’re looking for $50,000.) If you prefer giving to humans, rather than boats, there’s this fund too.
- News: Times Examines How Reddit Smeared Missing Philly Student as Boston Bomber
- News: Are Pennsylvania Terrorists Getting Welfare?
- News: Dzhokhar Tsarnaev Scribbled a Note Inside the Watertown Boat
- News: Dzhokhar: Brothers Bombed Because of Wars in Middle East
- News: Tsarnaev Update: One Brother’s Lover Speaks Out
- News: Boston Police: Three More Arrests In Bombings (Updated)