You think they made the announcement today for any particular reason? The Boy Scouts have recommended ending their policy on barring gay members from joining up. Until they turn 18, that is. Because all adult troop leaders or volunteers would still subject to the old policy. Baby steps, I guess. The proposal must now be approved by the Board of the Boy Scouts of America. [Mother Jones]
- News: Nearly 3,000 Gay Marriages in Jersey, So Far
- G Philly: The Millennial Behind Philly’s LGBT Equality Bill
- News: Toomey Backs Bill Banning Workplace Discrimination Against Gays
- News: Parents Challenge Gay Conversion Ban in Court
- News: Governor Corbett’s Incest Statement Is NOT Homophobic
- News: Western PA School Won’t Let Transgender Teen Run for Homecoming King
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.