Philly.com reports that tennis star Maria Sharapova has thumbed her nose at Philly, by declining to sell her new line of lip-themed candies–Sugarpova–to any local retailers. Newsworks, meanwhile, says Nike is snubbing Philly stores too. Haven’t you people heard? We have a vibrant business community in Philadelphia! We veto burdensome paid-sick leave bills! [Philly.com]
- News: Mayor Nutter Signs Marijuana Decrim Bill
- Articles: Philadelphia + a Pipeline (or Two) = America’s Next Energy Hub
- News: Construction Firm Moving to Philadelphia
- News: Mayor Nutter Vows Climate Action
- News: Nutter, Union in Dispute Over $2.88 Million
- G Philly: Marcie and Val Reveal Plans for 13th and Locust
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.