Philly.com reports that tennis star Maria Sharapova has thumbed her nose at Philly, by declining to sell her new line of lip-themed candies–Sugarpova–to any local retailers. Newsworks, meanwhile, says Nike is snubbing Philly stores too. Haven’t you people heard? We have a vibrant business community in Philadelphia! We veto burdensome paid-sick leave bills! [Philly.com]
- News: After Ferguson, Nutter Sends Video Message to Police
- News: City Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest Since 2008
- News: 9 Reasons Business Owners Hate the Holidays
- News: Nutter, Clarke Spar Over Death of PGW Privatization Deal
- News: Nutter to Expectant Retirees: DROP Dead
- News: Longtime Aramark Chair Joseph Neubauer Stepping Down
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.