Anthony Weiner, the greatest dick-pic twitterer Congress has ever known, is probably running for Mayor of NYC. A. Because he was a frontrunner in ’09, after all; B. Because he’s bored and ambitious; C. Because he’s got a few million bucks in campaign funds that will expire if he doesn’t use them this year. In a long piece that will appear in the New York Times Magazine this weekend–Weiner’s first real public offering of himself since the 2011 scandal–the former Congressman has announced he’s seriously considering a run, and has spent $100,000 already gauging his chances. Whether he does or not, the front pages of the New York Post and New York Daily News should be good fun tomorrow. [NYT Magazine]
- News: 3 Feel-Good Stories the Internet Has Ruined This Week
- News: Groups to Share $65,000 in Swim Club Settlement
- News: 10 Ferguson Twitter Accounts to Follow
- News: UPDATE: Arrest Made in LOVE Park Attack; Teen Admits Participation to 6ABC
- News: ALS Ice Bucket Challenge: Stupidest Idea Ever
- News: Report: Inky Tried Charging $60,000 to Run Elie Wiesel Ad
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.