Anthony Weiner, the greatest dick-pic twitterer Congress has ever known, is probably running for Mayor of NYC. A. Because he was a frontrunner in ’09, after all; B. Because he’s bored and ambitious; C. Because he’s got a few million bucks in campaign funds that will expire if he doesn’t use them this year. In a long piece that will appear in the New York Times Magazine this weekend–Weiner’s first real public offering of himself since the 2011 scandal–the former Congressman has announced he’s seriously considering a run, and has spent $100,000 already gauging his chances. Whether he does or not, the front pages of the New York Post and New York Daily News should be good fun tomorrow. [NYT Magazine]
- News: Sex Video with Minors Being Passed Around at Middle School
- News: How Do I Cure My Online Rage?
- News: Is Kobe Bryant the Worst Person in the World?
- News: Philly.com Absorbs Inky, Daily News Sites
- News: The Unexpected Thing Google’s Street View Team Saw in Philly
- Ticket: Isabella Rossellini’s Green Porno: Sex With Paper & Puppets
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.