Jason Smith, the Levittown exterminator charged with killing CHOP doctor Melissa Kenuti in her Center City home, was ordered to face trial today for murder and arson. Divulged during court proceedings were these details: Smith cried throughout his confession; the basement in which he lit Kenuti on fire was littered with paper and paint cans; “her hands had been bound behind her with a leather strap from horse gear. Her ankles were tied with a riding stirrup.” [Inquirer]
- Property: New Tower Could Rise on Rittenhouse Square
- News: PHOTOS: These Are the Men Charged With Killing an Elderly Philly Couple
- G Philly: Man Accused of Executing Two Gay Men Captured in NJ
- News: Pa. Ranks Second for Inmates Serving Life Without Parole
- News: Serial Target Shoplifter Pilfered TI Calculators
- News: VIDEO: 3 Men Rob Fishtown Clothing Store
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.