Jason Smith, the Levittown exterminator charged with killing CHOP doctor Melissa Kenuti in her Center City home, was ordered to face trial today for murder and arson. Divulged during court proceedings were these details: Smith cried throughout his confession; the basement in which he lit Kenuti on fire was littered with paper and paint cans; “her hands had been bound behind her with a leather strap from horse gear. Her ankles were tied with a riding stirrup.” [Inquirer]
- News: Mugshot of Man Wanted in the Killing, Dumping of Two Men in the Schuylkill
- News: Jersey May Mandate Cell Phone “Kill Switch”
- News: Police Say They’re Closing in on Trooper Shooter
- News: Lobbyist Accused of Sexual Assault
- News: The Outrage Meter: Gay Bashing, Papelbon, Wawa
- News: Pa. Trooper Shooting Suspect Added to Most Wanted List
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.