While consumed with Kevin Ware’s horrific injury and Mike Rice’s abusive behavior, I suspect many of us missed the local NCAA angle: Drexel women’s basketball is on the verge on winning the NIT championship. (The NIT is the tourney for teams that barely missed the NCAA tournament cut-off.) Last night at the DAC, the Dragons dispatched with the University of Florida, and on Saturday will face the winner of the other Final Four semifinal, between Utah and Kansas State. Those schools are bigger and richer than Drexel. But they don’t breathe fire. Or have goofy billboards up on I-95. [Inquirer]
- Foobooz: Marigold Kitchen Reopens Tonight
- Foobooz: CoZara Serves Sushi Starting Today
- Foobooz: The Chew’s Carla Hall Is Opening A Restaurant (With A Little Help From Drexel)
- Foobooz: Where We’re Eating : City Tap House
- Property: 40th St. Trolley Station Redesign Plans Coming Along
- News: Drexel Renames Law School After Thomas R. Kline
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.