While consumed with Kevin Ware’s horrific injury and Mike Rice’s abusive behavior, I suspect many of us missed the local NCAA angle: Drexel women’s basketball is on the verge on winning the NIT championship. (The NIT is the tourney for teams that barely missed the NCAA tournament cut-off.) Last night at the DAC, the Dragons dispatched with the University of Florida, and on Saturday will face the winner of the other Final Four semifinal, between Utah and Kansas State. Those schools are bigger and richer than Drexel. But they don’t breathe fire. Or have goofy billboards up on I-95. [Inquirer]
- News: Penn Leads Pa. in New Global University Rankings
- Property: DiStefano: New Center City Office High-Rises Unlikely
- Ticket: Rare David Bowie Recordings Find Home at Drexel
- Foobooz: Hot Wing Eating Contest at Wishbone
- Property: University City Is Booming with New Projects
- Shoppist: Sneak Peek at United by Blue’s New Walnut Street Location
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.