While consumed with Kevin Ware’s horrific injury and Mike Rice’s abusive behavior, I suspect many of us missed the local NCAA angle: Drexel women’s basketball is on the verge on winning the NIT championship. (The NIT is the tourney for teams that barely missed the NCAA tournament cut-off.) Last night at the DAC, the Dragons dispatched with the University of Florida, and on Saturday will face the winner of the other Final Four semifinal, between Utah and Kansas State. Those schools are bigger and richer than Drexel. But they don’t breathe fire. Or have goofy billboards up on I-95. [Inquirer]
- Foobooz: Nom Nom Ramen Opens Location in University City
- News: Penn Students Are the Most Polite in the U.S.
- Foobooz: The Fat Ham Launches Burger, Beer and Bourbon Deal
- Foobooz: All-You-Can-Eat Crabs and Lots of Beer at City Tap House
- Foobooz: New Faces at Night Market
- Property: Time-Lapse Video: Drexel’s Lancaster Square
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.