While consumed with Kevin Ware’s horrific injury and Mike Rice’s abusive behavior, I suspect many of us missed the local NCAA angle: Drexel women’s basketball is on the verge on winning the NIT championship. (The NIT is the tourney for teams that barely missed the NCAA tournament cut-off.) Last night at the DAC, the Dragons dispatched with the University of Florida, and on Saturday will face the winner of the other Final Four semifinal, between Utah and Kansas State. Those schools are bigger and richer than Drexel. But they don’t breathe fire. Or have goofy billboards up on I-95. [Inquirer]
- News: Drexel: Your Favorite College Football Player Is Worth $178,000
- Foobooz: Zavino UCity Adds Hours and A Happy Hour Program
- News: NYT: Drexel May Build Over Train Yard
- News: Unionization for College Athletes: Long Overdue
- News: “Torture Memos” Author to Speak at Drexel Law
- News: Drexel Meningitis Death Linked to Princeton?