While consumed with Kevin Ware’s horrific injury and Mike Rice’s abusive behavior, I suspect many of us missed the local NCAA angle: Drexel women’s basketball is on the verge on winning the NIT championship. (The NIT is the tourney for teams that barely missed the NCAA tournament cut-off.) Last night at the DAC, the Dragons dispatched with the University of Florida, and on Saturday will face the winner of the other Final Four semifinal, between Utah and Kansas State. Those schools are bigger and richer than Drexel. But they don’t breathe fire. Or have goofy billboards up on I-95. [Inquirer]
- Property: Is Drexel President John Fry a Mind-Reader?
- News: Drexel Sophomore Dies Suddenly, Meningitis Suspected
- News: Drug Paraphernalia Delivered to Your Door
- News: 5 Ways To Save St. Joe’s and Every University Like It
- Foobooz: Tale of the Tape: A Cheesesteak from SPOT
- Foobooz: March Food Truck Schedule at the Porch