The other day, Mike Nutter was parked illegally outside Barbuzzo in an unofficial spot, earning him a ticket. But the fault, apparently, wasn’t his, as his car is allowed to park any where it damn pleases. Which would mean the fault (and there’s always blame to be laid) lies with the PPA ticketeer. Rather than penalize her, though, perhaps it’d be best simply to honor her, as the most bad-ass meter maid in Philadelphia. Reports the Daily News‘s Molly Eichel, “my tipster told me the employee knew of the mayor’s VIP status. ‘We pointed it out,’ the tipster told me. ‘Lady didn’t care.'” Baller. [Daily News]
- News: Meet Mike Whiter, Recipient of Philly’s First Pot Citation
- News: Mayor Tries to Calm Nerves About Ebola
- The Scene: Philadelphia History Museum City Social
- News: Activists: Immigration Enforcement Shifting to Philly Suburbs
- News: Schools, Elections, and Philly’s Utterly Failed Democracy
- Ticket: Nutter Donating 2008 Phillies World Series Ring to PHM
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.