Governor Tom Corbett, who makes $183,255 a year, is the highest-paid governor in the country. It’s unclear, however, if he’s really making as much as all that. In 2010, he promised he wouldn’t accept pay raises beyond the $174,915 base salary he started with, vowing to return any extra cash to the state treasury. If that was the case in 2012, then he would have made slightly less than Chris Christie, the sixth-highest-paid on the list. However, according to a Right to Know request filed by the Harrisburg Patriot-News, it was impossible to tell if Corbett had been returning the money, as that information was redacted from the filing. So either he’s the highest-paid and among the most dishonest, or the seventh-highest paid, and among the most generous. [PA Independent]
- News: Corbett Asks Obama Admin to Approve Non-Obamacare Plan
- News: Vince Fumo Considering Run For Office
- News: Finally, Pennsylvania’s Potato Cartel Will Get the Comeuppance It So Richly Deserves
- News: Is Tom Corbett Too Vulnerable?
- News: 7 Reasons Corbett’s Gas Tax is a GOP Disaster
- News: Tom Corbett: Milquetoast Conservative, Atrocious Politician