38 LaSalle University students and three staff members got lost hiking yesterday on Kentucky’s Pine Mountain before being rescued late last night. Stranded for hours, the hikers were eventually tracked down by rescue workers and police, and were brought to a nearby hospital where they were treated for hypothermia, exhaustion and dehydration. One student remains hospitalized. The group was in the area doing volunteer work with a non-profit. [Kentucky.com]
- Be Well Philly: Why America Is Obese: Not Enough Exercise
- Be Well Philly: Six Scientific Reasons to Embrace Your Sweaty Self
- Shoppist: How to Save Money and Get Fit
- Shoppist: How to Feel Better in Your Clothes: Be Well Philly Boot Camp
- Articles: Why Is Everyone in Philadelphia So Stressed?
- News: Unionization for College Athletes: Long Overdue
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.