Ed Covington, who’s headed the city’s Redevelopment Authority (RDA) since 2010, is reportedly out at City Hall. It’s unclear if he stepped down, was fired, or what. You may recall Covington as the man who sparred against Point Breeze developer Ori Feibush during last fall’s “lotgate” hubbub. (Feibush cleaned up a city-owned lot, Covington threatened to sue.) For his role in the affair, Covington was targeted by both benign do-gooder petitions and savvy hacktivists. [Daily News]
- Foobooz: Garces to Operate Rosa Blanca Cafe at New Dilworth Park
- News: Dilworth to Reopen Sept. 4 With Celebrations, Garces
- News: Court: Philly Police Can Make Political Contributions
- News: New Police Contract Creates $70 Million Budget Hole
- News: Biz Leaders Look to Philly’s Post-Nutter Future
- News: Philly Police Get Raise and a Rebuke
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.