Ed Covington, who’s headed the city’s Redevelopment Authority (RDA) since 2010, is reportedly out at City Hall. It’s unclear if he stepped down, was fired, or what. You may recall Covington as the man who sparred against Point Breeze developer Ori Feibush during last fall’s “lotgate” hubbub. (Feibush cleaned up a city-owned lot, Covington threatened to sue.) For his role in the affair, Covington was targeted by both benign do-gooder petitions and savvy hacktivists. [Daily News]
- News: Activists: Immigration Enforcement Shifting to Philly Suburbs
- News: Schools, Elections, and Philly’s Utterly Failed Democracy
- News: 6 Ways NBC Butchered Philly Geography for Sunday Night Football
- News: Nutter Strengthens Anti-Corruption Office
- G Philly: LGBT History Month Celebration
- News: Firm Says PGW Sale Poses Concerns
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.