Okay, storm was a little strong. And technically, they don’t work for Wawa (farm country is Sheetz country anyways). Nor are they actually protesting Wawa’s labor practices. Rather, the Farm Labor Organizing Committee, which claims 10,000 members, is asking Wawa to use its considerable clout to ask Reynolds Tobacco to increase wages and improve workers’ conditions down in their North Carolina fields. Wawa is a major purchaser of Reynolds’ products, which include Camel cigarettes and various chewing tobaccos. The FLOC delegation showed up at Wawa’s Delco HQ, where they met with an executive. [Philly.com]
- Foobooz: The Five Worst Wawa Parking Lots
- News: POLL: Philly’s Worst Wawa Parking Lots
- News: Post Brothers Lawsuit: Guns, Porn and Racial Discrimination?
- News: Free Orchestra Concert Tonight!
- News: New Wawa Has Chairs. And Tables. And Reeks of Fancy.
- News: Penn Students: Pooping in Bushes, Peeing in Wawas