According to a new report, Tom Corbett’s decision to reject Obamacare’s Medicaid expansion could cost the state as many as 40,000 jobs by 2016, due to $3.5 billion flowing into the state from federal coffers. The estimate was done by Families USA and the Pennsylvania Heath Access network–two health advocacy networks. Moody’s Analytics was less optimistic, estimating the extra payments (which will cover somewhere around 500,000 previously uninsured people) would lead to 11,000 new jobs over the course of the next decade. [Inquirer]
- News: Is Tom Corbett Too Vulnerable?
- News: 7 Reasons Corbett’s Gas Tax is a GOP Disaster
- News: Tom Corbett: Milquetoast Conservative, Atrocious Politician
- News: Obamacare, Contraception and Religious Freedom
- News: Obama’s Big Vatican Insult!
- News: Pennsylvania Provides White House Tree for Third Christmas