On March 26th, the Supreme Court decides whether California’s ban on gay marriage–known as prop 8–is constitutional. To mark the occasion the Archdiocese of Philadelphia is sending busloads of protesters to demonstrate in Washington, D.C. “I realize the march comes at one of the busiest and most solemn times of the year [Holy Week],” said Archbishop Charles Caput. “But as Catholics we should avail ourselves of opportunities, whenever we can, to witness to the truth about God’s plan for marriage.” No word on how many robed gentlemen will participate at the “March for Marriage,” but there’s nothing like fervent sign-waving and sloganeering to reinforce the gravitas of an embattled religious institution like the Philly Archdiocese.
- News: Pope Francis Just Provided Us With the Most Awesome Road House Fan Fiction Scenario, Ever
- G Philly: New Gay Marriage Argument Filed with PA Supreme Court
- News: Metcalfe Files Impeachment Charges Against AG Kathleen Kane
- News: Obama’s Big Vatican Insult!
- Articles: ThinkFest Video: Kathleen Kane
- News: Bucks County Brief: Gays Are Too Awesome for Marriage