A man stole $55,000 in blackjack chips from Parx Tuesday afternoon, before turning himself in shame-faced just a couple hours later. Likely after realizing that sitting at home with a bunch of chips doesn’t buy you much. And that trying to cash them in at a facility wired with surveillance cameras isn’t going to do much good either. For a casino that markets itself to the suburban dad crowd, this sort of goofy, not-quite-glamorous heist seems right up Parx’s alley. [Philly.com]
- News: Kentucky Derby Winner Racing in Bensalem
- Property: NY Group Buys $19M Bucks Property
- News: 2 Students in Fatal Crash Weren’t Wearing Seat Belts
- News: Trump Taj Could Be Next in Bankruptcy
- News: Trump Wants Praise for Getting Out of A.C.
- News: Revel Emptied by Fire Alarm Five Hours Before Closing
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.