A man stole $55,000 in blackjack chips from Parx Tuesday afternoon, before turning himself in shame-faced just a couple hours later. Likely after realizing that sitting at home with a bunch of chips doesn’t buy you much. And that trying to cash them in at a facility wired with surveillance cameras isn’t going to do much good either. For a casino that markets itself to the suburban dad crowd, this sort of goofy, not-quite-glamorous heist seems right up Parx’s alley. [Philly.com]
- : C.B. West Cancels Football Season After Hazing Reports
- Property: House of the Week: $3.45M Doylestown Mansion
- News: Neshaminy School Board Member Wanted Paper Editors Prosecuted
- Property: Doylestown Estate Priced at $9.2 Million
- Property: Man Tries to Burn Down House He Was Buying
- Property: Get This Bucks County Estate For a Bargain
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.