A man stole $55,000 in blackjack chips from Parx Tuesday afternoon, before turning himself in shame-faced just a couple hours later. Likely after realizing that sitting at home with a bunch of chips doesn’t buy you much. And that trying to cash them in at a facility wired with surveillance cameras isn’t going to do much good either. For a casino that markets itself to the suburban dad crowd, this sort of goofy, not-quite-glamorous heist seems right up Parx’s alley. [Philly.com]
- News: ‘Crown Prince Emperor’ Found Guilty of DUI
- News: Report: Atlantic City May Have Just 6 Casinos by 2017
- Property: A Swoon-Worthy Garden and Patio in New Hope
- Property: Two Dream Properties in Bucks County
- News: Revel Casino to Close on September 10th
- Property: On the Market: 18th Century Gentleman’s Estate in Bucks County
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.