A man stole $55,000 in blackjack chips from Parx Tuesday afternoon, before turning himself in shame-faced just a couple hours later. Likely after realizing that sitting at home with a bunch of chips doesn’t buy you much. And that trying to cash them in at a facility wired with surveillance cameras isn’t going to do much good either. For a casino that markets itself to the suburban dad crowd, this sort of goofy, not-quite-glamorous heist seems right up Parx’s alley. [Philly.com]
- Property: Carl Dranoff Pauses During Dinner to Think About Revel
- News: Masked Men Steal $181K from Atlantic City Casino
- News: Workers Fighting to Keep AC Casinos Open
- News: Eastern Pa. Casinos Raking It In at the Tables
- News: Harrah’s: No to Second Philly Casino
- Property: High-End RE Market Unlikely to Be Hurt By Casino Closures
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.