Long before he postulated that pregnancies could not be caused by rape, due to the wondrous alchemical way female bodies can “shut that whole thing down,” Congressman Todd Akin was well on his way to being Congress’s most conservative person. In the National Journal’s influential and meticulously calculated annual ‘Who’s the Reddest?’ rankings, Akin scored first, with a 97%. Of the top 25, no Pennsylvania lawmakers made the cut. The full rankings will be released tomorrow. [National Journal]
- News: Jersey Congessman Rush Holt Won’t Seek Re-Election
- News: Meet PA-13′s Dark Horse
- News: Ex-Eagles LB G. Cobb Considering Run for Congress [UPDATED]
- News: Report: Rob Andrews to Leave Congress
- News: Montco Commissioner Eyeing Run for Congress
- News: Four Huge Philly Area Political Stories in 2014
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.