Oscar Pistorius, the South African Olympian “blade runner” under arrest for the murder of his girlfriend, has been deemed a “flight risk” by a detective who doesn’t think he should be granted bail. Making it surely the first time a guy with prosthetic legs has been classified thusly. Then again, Pistorius is a bit faster than your average double amputee. Detective Hilton Botha, you are a funny man. [AP]
- News: Last Night, I Wanted to Bash the Gay-Bashers
- News: Report: Suspects in Gay Bashing Will Meet Police Today
- G Philly: Does This Photo Show Suspects in Gay Beating Dining at La Viola?
- G Philly: $10K Offered for Info on Center City Hate Crime
- G Philly: Police Release Video of Suspects in Attack of Two Gay Men
- News: Police Release Mugshot of Suspect in Pregnant Woman’s Death
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.