Oscar Pistorius, the South African Olympian “blade runner” under arrest for the murder of his girlfriend, has been deemed a “flight risk” by a detective who doesn’t think he should be granted bail. Making it surely the first time a guy with prosthetic legs has been classified thusly. Then again, Pistorius is a bit faster than your average double amputee. Detective Hilton Botha, you are a funny man. [AP]
- News: Interview: Camden on the Cusp of Revival
- Shoppist: Horsham Man Sentenced to Prison For Willow Grove Mall Bomb Threat
- News: Women With Bats, Mace Attack School Bus in Northeast Philly
- News: Cops: Woman Stole $10,000 From Bank With Fake ID
- News: Woman Accused of Real Estate Ponzi Scheme
- News: 4 Teens Charged After Firefight With Lawmakers
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.