CBS Philly reports: “A Philadelphia area insurance agency owner is in the final days of his campaign to keep his other job, as a member of the Italian Parliament. Think of the frequent flyer miles as 54-year-old Amato Berardi jets off on Mondays to Rome during legislative sessions and returns on Fridays only to then have to try to connect with spread-out constituents. … The voters are Italian citizens living here, and those like himself who have dual citizenship. The issues: better communication, promoting Italian language and culture and, of course, jobs.”
- News: PHOTOS: Gaza Protests at Love Park
- News: Will Israel Close Its Philadelphia Consulate?
- News: This Voorhees Guy May Have the World’s Best Beard
- News: Penn Challenged on Academic’s Firing in China
- News: Philly to Advertise on Taxi Cabs…in London
- News: Well This Sucks: There Is Probably No Life on Mars
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.