Comcast VP David L. Cohen, the one-man political machine (and not in the Tammany Hall way) who ran Rendell’s early-days City Hall operations, will be backing Tom Corbett in the 2014 gubernatorial election. Cohen’s never quite been a Jacobin, but allying oneself with the man who may go down as Pennsylvania’s most right-wing governor ever? And super unpopular at that? Is this really the same man this magazine described as the “go-to-Democratic fundraiser” in the state three years ago? [Capitolwire]
- News: Wind Energy Fight! Tom Corbett vs. Katie McGinty
- News: Media Executives Take Aim at Comcast-Time Warner Merger
- News: Turnpike Officials Admit ‘Gaps’ in Response
- News: Comcast Announces New Alliance with Sony
- News: Is Comcast Building the Next Magic Kingdom?
- News: Tom Corbett Did the Right Thing