Comcast VP David L. Cohen, the one-man political machine (and not in the Tammany Hall way) who ran Rendell’s early-days City Hall operations, will be backing Tom Corbett in the 2014 gubernatorial election. Cohen’s never quite been a Jacobin, but allying oneself with the man who may go down as Pennsylvania’s most right-wing governor ever? And super unpopular at that? Is this really the same man this magazine described as the “go-to-Democratic fundraiser” in the state three years ago? [Capitolwire]
- News: What Happened to 93,000 Pennsylvania Workers?
- News: How Will Pa. Supreme Court Deal With Porn Scandal?
- News: Ed Rendell Returns to the Campaign Trail
- News: Corbett’s Campaign Photoshopped Him Next to a Black Woman
- News: Darryl Metcalfe Moves to Block Immigrant Children from Pa.
- News: Corbett’s Inability to Understand Pa.’s Economy in 4 Charts
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.