Former Sixers great Mo Cheeks has been nominated for the Hall of Fame’s Class of 2013. Cheeks was also nominated last year, but didn’t get in. Cheeks, a four-time All-Star, and a member of the 1983 champion Sixers, isn’t helped by the fact the he was never quite the best player on his team, as it was his job to dish to Dr. J, Charles Barkley, and Moses Malone. Cheeks, of course, had a less celebrated run as Sixers head coach, from 2005-2008. Tim Hardaway (doubtful) and Gary Payton (probable) are also nominated this year. The winning class will be announced in April, during the NCAA Final Four. [AP]
- News: Will The Sixers Go 0-36 to End the Season?
- News: Sixers: Iverson’s Autograph for Season Tickets
- News: Jameer Nelson: Sixers Like Bird Poop
- News: 76ers Could Actually Look Scary-Good Next Year
- News: Fan Falls Asleep Courtside During Epic Sixers Loss
- News: Is There Any Reason to Watch the Sixers Now?