Former Sixers great Mo Cheeks has been nominated for the Hall of Fame’s Class of 2013. Cheeks was also nominated last year, but didn’t get in. Cheeks, a four-time All-Star, and a member of the 1983 champion Sixers, isn’t helped by the fact the he was never quite the best player on his team, as it was his job to dish to Dr. J, Charles Barkley, and Moses Malone. Cheeks, of course, had a less celebrated run as Sixers head coach, from 2005-2008. Tim Hardaway (doubtful) and Gary Payton (probable) are also nominated this year. The winning class will be announced in April, during the NCAA Final Four. [AP]
- News: Yeah, but Would an NBA Team of Philly Natives Be Any Good?
- News: Embiid’s Foot Surgeon: He Could Play This Season
- News: Nerlens Noel Finally Plays for Sixers (Kind Of)
- News: Report: Sixers in Talks to Acquire Jeremy Lin
- News: Joel Embiid May Not Play for the Sixers This Season
- News: Sixers to Tank Again Next Season?
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.