Former Sixers great Mo Cheeks has been nominated for the Hall of Fame’s Class of 2013. Cheeks was also nominated last year, but didn’t get in. Cheeks, a four-time All-Star, and a member of the 1983 champion Sixers, isn’t helped by the fact the he was never quite the best player on his team, as it was his job to dish to Dr. J, Charles Barkley, and Moses Malone. Cheeks, of course, had a less celebrated run as Sixers head coach, from 2005-2008. Tim Hardaway (doubtful) and Gary Payton (probable) are also nominated this year. The winning class will be announced in April, during the NCAA Final Four. [AP]
- News: 76ers Now Trading for Players They Plan to Cut
- News: Sixers Mocked in Taiwanese Animation
- News: Joel Embiid Has Tremendous Twitter Game
- News: Sixers Mad That the NBA Wants Them to Stop Losing So Much
- News: Ex-Sixers GM: ‘Girls in Philly Wanted to Kill Me’
- News: Yeah, but Would an NBA Team of Philly Natives Be Any Good?
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.