The Star-Ledger reports: “U.S. Sen. Frank Lautenberg, a pugnacious and plain-spoken Democrat who has represented New Jersey for three decades, will not seek re-election to a sixth term next year.’I am not announcing the end of anything. I am announcing the beginning of a two-year mission to pass new gun safety laws, protect children from toxic chemicals and create more opportunities for working families in New Jersey,’ Lautenberg told the Star-Ledger. ‘While I may not be seeking re-election, there is plenty of work to do before the end of this term and I’m going to keep fighting as hard asever for the people of New Jersey in the U.S. Senate.’” Lautenberg had reportedly been offended by Newark Mayor Cory Booker’s announced intention to seek the seat, but apparently decided not to fight for another term.
- News: VIDEO: Brian Sims Introduces Bill to Close the Gender Gap in Pay
- News: “Johnny Doc” and IBEW Local 98 Back Allyson Schwartz for Governor
- News: Jersey Voters Ready for Chris Christie to Get Another Job
- News: MontCo Conservative Activist Challenges Corbett
- News: New Jersey’s Other Hot Single U.S. Senator Gets Engaged
- Articles: The Millennial Revolution: We Have the Potential to Change Politics