Tougher EPA regulations and lower emissions from natural gas fracking (compared to, say, coal mining) have contributed to cleaner air in the last three years, says the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection. The lower emissions, DEP says, generate somewhere between $14 billion and $37 billion in health benefits every year. Which helps explain why despite all the bad PR, many liberals are fans of fracking too. [Post-Gazette]
- News: National Unemployment Rate Lowest in 5 Years
- News: Corbett Asks Obama Admin to Approve Non-Obamacare Plan
- News: Vince Fumo Considering Run For Office
- News: A Guy Who Might Just Be the Next President, in Philly Last Night
- News: Finally, Pennsylvania’s Potato Cartel Will Get the Comeuppance It So Richly Deserves
- News: Is Tom Corbett Too Vulnerable?