A.C.’s embattled Revel casino is giving off serious smoke signals that it’s preparing to file for bankruptcy. The Wall Street Journal (paywalled, h/t Grub Street) reports that Revel has hired restructuring lawyers and bankers whose presence can only means one thing. Revel is currently $1.2 billion in debt and is likely trying to get ahead of the “prepackaged bankruptcy” it would try to convince its (angry) creditors to sign on to. [Grub Street]
- News: Icahn Says Taj Likely to Close
- G Philly: Sand Blast Returning to Atlantic City in 2015
- Foobooz: Buddakan AC Is Having A Japanese Whiskey Dinner
- News: Trump Taj Mahal Asks Judge to End Union Contract
- News: Sweeney: No Tax Breaks for Taj
- News: Bart Blatstein Buying Bargain Basement Boardwalk Bazaar
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.