A.C.’s embattled Revel casino is giving off serious smoke signals that it’s preparing to file for bankruptcy. The Wall Street Journal (paywalled, h/t Grub Street) reports that Revel has hired restructuring lawyers and bankers whose presence can only means one thing. Revel is currently $1.2 billion in debt and is likely trying to get ahead of the “prepackaged bankruptcy” it would try to convince its (angry) creditors to sign on to. [Grub Street]
- News: Priceline Offers Borgata Room for $100,000
- Foobooz: Extend Your Weekend With Mojito Mondays
- Property: Jaw-dropper of the Week: $12.5M in Loveladies
- News: AC Mayor: ‘Half-Dozen’ Buyers Interested in Revel
- News: Use North Jersey Gaming Dollars to Rebuild AC?
- G Philly: Harrah’s Staff Homophobic to Gay Guests
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.