A.C.’s embattled Revel casino is giving off serious smoke signals that it’s preparing to file for bankruptcy. The Wall Street Journal (paywalled, h/t Grub Street) reports that Revel has hired restructuring lawyers and bankers whose presence can only means one thing. Revel is currently $1.2 billion in debt and is likely trying to get ahead of the “prepackaged bankruptcy” it would try to convince its (angry) creditors to sign on to. [Grub Street]
- News: Trump Wants Praise for Getting Out of A.C.
- News: Revel Emptied by Fire Alarm Five Hours Before Closing
- Foobooz: Down the Shore: New Cocktail and Video Game Bar
- News: 3 Days After Pro Debut, A.C. Boxer Charged with Murder
- Foobooz: A Review of Guy Fieri’s Chophouse
- News: 5 Big Jersey Shore Stories, Revisited
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.