A.C.’s embattled Revel casino is giving off serious smoke signals that it’s preparing to file for bankruptcy. The Wall Street Journal (paywalled, h/t Grub Street) reports that Revel has hired restructuring lawyers and bankers whose presence can only means one thing. Revel is currently $1.2 billion in debt and is likely trying to get ahead of the “prepackaged bankruptcy” it would try to convince its (angry) creditors to sign on to. [Grub Street]
- News: Revel Bidder Wants to Put a University Next to the Casino
- Ticket: Win Tickets to See Enrique Iglesias and Pitbull
- News: Trump Plaza Has Officially Closed
- News: Revel Bidder: If It Doesn’t Work, I’ll Implode Building
- News: Jersey Lawmakers Advance Domestic Violence Bills
- Foobooz: Gordon Ramsay Opening A Restaurant In Atlantic City
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.