Man oh man, I wish I could have been around for this photo shoot. On February 21st at the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts, members of City Council will “dance and sing their hearts out” at this benefit for hunger-fighting non-profit Philabundance. Tickets are $100 and–mercifully–include a one-hour cocktail reception before the performances. No word on whether lawbreaking City Coucilwoman Blondell Reynolds Brown will perform or how much of her “costuming expenses” will wind up on the next cycle of campaign finance reports, but a Philabundance spokesperson tells me that most City Council members are expected to participate.
- G Philly: City Council to Hear Testimony on Hate Crimes Bill Today
- News: Officials: “We Have the Tools” To Manage Ebola in Philly
- News: Councilwoman: Cigarette Tax Should Cover Vaping
- News: The Monster We Celebrate on Columbus Day
- News: Kenney Wants Council to Consider Approving Uber-Style Ride Sharing
- News: Firm Says PGW Sale Poses Concerns
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.