Man oh man, I wish I could have been around for this photo shoot. On February 21st at the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts, members of City Council will “dance and sing their hearts out” at this benefit for hunger-fighting non-profit Philabundance. Tickets are $100 and–mercifully–include a one-hour cocktail reception before the performances. No word on whether lawbreaking City Coucilwoman Blondell Reynolds Brown will perform or how much of her “costuming expenses” will wind up on the next cycle of campaign finance reports, but a Philabundance spokesperson tells me that most City Council members are expected to participate.
- News: PGW Sale Hopes Dim
- News: Councilman Sued Over Development Process
- News: Are State and Federal Exams Dragging Down Philly Schools?
- News: UIL Says It’s Not Done Pursuing PGW
- News: Nutter, Council Debate Over PGW Is Somehow Getting Worse
- News: Bill Would Require “Labor Peace” at City-Subsidized Hotels
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.