Man oh man, I wish I could have been around for this photo shoot. On February 21st at the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts, members of City Council will “dance and sing their hearts out” at this benefit for hunger-fighting non-profit Philabundance. Tickets are $100 and–mercifully–include a one-hour cocktail reception before the performances. No word on whether lawbreaking City Coucilwoman Blondell Reynolds Brown will perform or how much of her “costuming expenses” will wind up on the next cycle of campaign finance reports, but a Philabundance spokesperson tells me that most City Council members are expected to participate.
- News: Can Philly Afford its Fight Against Gentrification?
- News: City Budget to Include More Demolition Inspectors
- News: Mayor Nutter Won’t Be Shouted Down in Council This Year
- News: Council Overrides Mayor on “Resign to Run” Repeal
- News: No More Gifts at City Hall
- News: Green Move to SRC Opens Seat on Council