Today, Attorney General Kathleen Kane announced the state would be closing the so-called “Florida loophole” that has allowed Pennsylvanians to carry concealed weapons using Sunshine State permits since 2000. Approximately 4,000 Pennsylvanians, and 900 Philadelphians, have obtained their guns this way, which allows them to skirt much stricter state and local laws. Florida permit holders, in other words, own guns even if their PA permits have been revoked or denied. If you’re one of these people, the state has given you 120 days to get a state permit and keep your gun. [Daily News]
- News: It Is Currently Legal to Eat Cats and Dogs in PA
- News: Vince Fumo Considering Run For Office
- News: Finally, Pennsylvania’s Potato Cartel Will Get the Comeuppance It So Richly Deserves
- News: Is Tom Corbett Too Vulnerable?
- News: 7 Reasons Corbett’s Gas Tax is a GOP Disaster
- News: Metcalfe Files Impeachment Charges Against AG Kathleen Kane