Remember when it seemed like there wouldn’t be a big bike race in Manayunk this year? Those days are over. Congressman Bob Brady conjured up a new race—the Philly Cycling Classic—almost out of thin air, and today we found out who is footing the bill: Parx Casino, which has signed a two-year deal to be the title sponsor. Also jumping on board: New Penn Financial, which will be a “six figure sponsor” of the race. Thanks to those organizations, Manayunk’s unique tradition of drunken mayhem and civic pride lives to fight another day. [Philly Business Journal]
- News: The Best Social Media Pics From the Taney Dragons Parade
- News: Will Penn State Keep Player Names on Football Jerseys?
- Foobooz: Beast & Ale Opens Tonight in Manayunk
- News: PGW Nightmare: Family Has Gas Shut Off Over “Secret” Gas Line
- Property: Secluded Garden Off of Main Street in Manayunk
- News: Maddow Loves Mo’Ne
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.