Remember when it seemed like there wouldn’t be a big bike race in Manayunk this year? Those days are over. Congressman Bob Brady conjured up a new race—the Philly Cycling Classic—almost out of thin air, and today we found out who is footing the bill: Parx Casino, which has signed a two-year deal to be the title sponsor. Also jumping on board: New Penn Financial, which will be a “six figure sponsor” of the race. Thanks to those organizations, Manayunk’s unique tradition of drunken mayhem and civic pride lives to fight another day. [Philly Business Journal]
- News: Cheer Up, Philly: At Least Your Commutes Are Relatively Short
- News: Jonathan Papelbon’s “Awkward Family Photo” Might Make You Like Him Again
- News: Kobe Bryant and 6 Others Who Should Retire Like Doc
- News: Is it Wrong to Pay Alcoholics With Beer?
- News: Schuylkill Expressway to Be Slightly Less Lethal Come Christmas
- News: 21 Things Buzzfeed Says Philadelphians Are Afraid Of