Remember when it seemed like there wouldn’t be a big bike race in Manayunk this year? Those days are over. Congressman Bob Brady conjured up a new race—the Philly Cycling Classic—almost out of thin air, and today we found out who is footing the bill: Parx Casino, which has signed a two-year deal to be the title sponsor. Also jumping on board: New Penn Financial, which will be a “six figure sponsor” of the race. Thanks to those organizations, Manayunk’s unique tradition of drunken mayhem and civic pride lives to fight another day. [Philly Business Journal]
- News: This Is Why Your Trash Hasn’t Been Picked Up
- News: The Sad Grotesquerie of “People of SEPTA”
- News: What The Hell Is Wrong With the Streets Department?
- News: Nerlens Noel Might Play This Season
- Property: Weekend Open Houses: Homes in Manayunk and West Mt. Airy
- News: Can Philly Afford its Fight Against Gentrification?