Apparently, this is the week for people named Perelman to make college giving officers super happy. Just days after Ronald Perelman donated $25 million to Penn for a new political science center at 36th and Chestnut, his father, Raymond, has donated $5 million to Drexel University for construction of a campus plaza. “Officials envision Perelman Plaza becoming the university’s primary outdoor social and event space. They plan to break ground this summer,” reports the Enquirer-Herald. “The area is currently a pedestrian mall that has been partially closed due to construction of a new building for Drexel’s business school.” Somewhere, Jeffrey Perelman is lurking waiting to spring a huge donation on a Philadelphia institution of higher learning … unless he’s not.
- Articles: ThinkFest Video: Frank Lee
- News: 8 Reasons I’m Happy It’s Not 1963
- News: Philly’s 29-Story Game of Pong Enters Record Books
- Property: Cira Centre Pong Makes Guinness Book of World Records
- News: ThinkFest: Creating a Subculture in Philadelphia
- News: Would Charity Be More Effective if Wealthy Were More Charitable?