Remember yesterday when we were all stunned and moved by Beyonce’s rendition of the National Anthem? Forget that. Turns out Beyonce lip-synched the anthem, which everybody knows must be performed live or else lose its meaning. “All music is pre-recorded for the ceremony because there are so many eventualities and conditions that day,” said Kristin DuBois, a representative for the U.S. Marine band that (ahem) “accompanied” her. “We performed, live, the band. But we received last-minute word that Beyonce was going to use the pre-recorded vocal track. Those were the instructions we were given. We don’t know what the (sic) reason why.” All we know is that there is nothing real or true anymore. [New York Post]
- G Philly: Madonna’s Bedtime Stories Turns 20
- The Scene: Timberland Opening Party in Philadelphia
- Ticket: REVIEW: Local The Voice Hopeful Matt McAndrew
- Be Well Philly: Study: How Sad Music Makes You Feel Good
- News: President Obama Will Be at Temple on Sunday
- Ticket: INTERVIEW: Kurt Vile On Creating Mojo In the Studio and How Being a Dad Influences His Career Path
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.