Lead Actor: Al Pacino. Director: Brian De Palma. Setting: Penn State. Based off: Joe Posnanski’s Paterno. Premise: “This story of a complex, intensely righteous man who was brought down by his own tragic flaw.” Wait, I thought this movie was based on Posnanski’s book? The premise of that one was: I had no idea Joe Paterno was going to get embroiled in a sexual abuse scandal that ruins my preconceived narrative–guess I better avoid the subject as much as possible. [ESPN]
- Ticket: New Films Opening to Philly This Weekend
- Ticket: 5 Questions With Whiplash Director Damien Chazelle
- Ticket: Meryl Streep to Play Famously Bad Opera Diva Who Lived in Philly
- News: Airbender Movie Given Pa. Tax Credits for California Work
- Ticket: What to See (and Skip) in Theaters This Weekend
- Ticket: 13 Scariest Movies on Netflix Streaming
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.